West Bengal Postal Circle has published the notification for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) vacancies. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification & Apply Online.
Applications are invited by the respective appointing authorities as shown in the annexure ‘B’ against each post, from eligible candidates for the selection and engagement to the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks under West Bengal Circle as listed in the Annexure.
Eligibility for Gramin dak Sevak vacancy
The minimum and maximum age for the purpose of engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks posts shall be between 18 and 40 years as on 05.04.2018. The maximum age shall be relaxable by 03 (three) years to those belonging to OBC categories and 05 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST. [10 years for PH above the respective category]
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION for Gramin dak Sevak vacancy
The candidate should pass 10th standard from approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt. No weightage will be given for possessing any qualification(s) higher than the mandatory educational qualification. The Candidate passed Xth class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
The candidate should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/ University/ Boards etc., will also be acceptable for this purpose. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification provided the candidate submits a certificate of Class X or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which he/she has studied computer as a subject.
The candidate selected for the post of GDS BPM must mandatorily take up his/her residence in the Branch Post Office village within one month after selection but before engagement as Gramin Dak Sevak Branch Postmaster. The candidate shall submit a declaration to this effect in the application. The candidate selected for the post of other than GDS BPM should reside in post village/delivery jurisdiction.
ADEQUATE MEANS OF LIVELIHOOD
The candidate applying for the post shall note that he/ she will have adequate means of livelihood to support himself/ herself and his/ her family from other sources so as to have to supplement his/her income. However, this shall not be a pre requisite for candidates for the purpose. Selected candidate shall be required to comply with this condition within 30 days after selection but before engagement. The candidate shall furnish an undertaking in the application itself that he/ she has other sources of income besides the allowances to be paid by the Government for adequate means of livelihood for himself/ herself and his/her family. The candidate after selection as Gramin Dak Sevak shall have to give the undertaking again before engagement.
FURNISHING OF SECURITY
The candidate applying for the post shall note that he/she shall furnish security amount of Rs. 25,000/- in the event of his/her engagement for the post of BPM and Rs. 10,000/- for other categories. The security shall be in the form of Fidelity Guarantee bond or National Savings Certificate pledged to the Department of Posts in the name of the President of India.
SELECTION CRITERIA for Gramin dak Sevak vacancy
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
- Candidate can opt any choice of eligible posts in circle/circles and preference of priority will be made circle wise as per the order of posts applied as appeared in the submitted application. Selection will be made circle wise and preference will be given as per order of choice in the circle. In case if the candidate is selected in more than one choice of posts with in a circle, selection will be offered to the first selected post in the choice of preference in order for the circle and candidature for all other selected posts will be forfeited for the circle. The same is applicable to all circles for the candidate applied. However, one post is offered for each circle if applied and selected for one or more posts in each circle.
- . In case candidate willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly, in case the candidate enters marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case of the candidate applies with grades is liable for disqualification of the application.
- The candidate will get an SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection. Mere getting SMS or any other communication on selection will not entitle the candidate to claim for regular selection/appointment.
- The final selection/appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned appointing authorities.
- Candidate can view his/her result status on the website by providing the reference number till the results are announced. once results are declared and post is filled, it can be viewed in the results status which provides all details of the candidates applied for that post.
How to apply
The candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself/herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline with the basic details to obtain the Registration Number. Candidates already once registered in http://appost.in/gdsonline need not register again. The same registration number should be used for the submission of the application. Any candidate who forgot the registration number can retrieve the registration number through the option ‘Forgot registration’.
For registering the candidature, the candidate should have the following essential data.
- Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
- Father Name
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
- State in which Xth class passed
- Board in which Xth class passed
- Year of Passing Xth class
- Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional)
Any candidate will be allowed to register only one time in the portal. With this registration number, he/she may apply to any of the Circles or any number of optional posts. Candidate should not attempt willful duplicate registrations since duplicate registration entitles disqualification of the registration.
- The applicant of category OC/OBC Male should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred) for each set of five options. The candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any identified Post Offices in the circle where online notification is current to make the payment. Names of the offices are available on the website http://appost.in/gdsonline. For making the payment candidate should inform Registration Number at the PO Counter.
- However, payment of fee is exempted for all Female, SC/ST, and PH candidates. They may apply online directly through the provided link in the Website.
The appointing authority of each post reserves the right to modify or cancel the notification of a post at any time without assigning any reason.
Important things for the Dak Sevak Vacancy